Born in 1987.
Eva Barto calls into question the power relations governing the codes of property, notably through the study of hegemonic discourses, mechanisms of corruption and the impasses of the law. Her work has been the subject of several solo exhibitions, at the BF15 in Lyon (2014), at the gb agency gallery, at the Villa Arson (2016), at the Kunstverein Nuremberg, at the Kunstlerhaus Stuttgart (2021), at the Plateau Frac Ile-de-France and soon at the MACRO in Rome (2022). It has also been presented at the Marcelle Alix Gallery (2015), the Rennes Biennial and the Kadist Foundation (2016), the Pernod Ricard Corporate Foundation (2017, 2019), the Wattis Art Center (2017), the Max Mayer Gallery (2018, 2021), the Secession Museum (2018), the Anafi Biennial (2018), the Grand Café (2020) … Recipient of the Étant Donné grant in collaboration with SculptureCenter New York, she will pursue in September 2022 a research around legal voids. In 2016, she created the editorial project Buttonwood.Press. She is a co-founder of the art worker’s rights collective La Buse and co-hosts the show ForTune on * Duuu Radio. Since 2019, she teaches at the École des Beaux-Arts de Lyon.
- 11 Months, Le Plateau, Frac Ile-de-France, Paris, FR
- Maecenas, MACRO, Rome, IT
- The Supporters, KunstlerHaus Stuttgart, curated by Eric Golo Stone, Stuttgart, GE
- The Supporters, Kunsverein Nuremberg, curated by Milan Ther, Nuremberg. GE
- To obtain, Resolve or Maintain, Gallery Max Mayer, (with Sophie Bonnet-Pourpet), Dusseldörf, GE
- « no hours left for else », Kunstverein Freiburg (with Sophie Bonnet-Pourpet), GE
- When I State That I Am An Anarchist, cur by Pierre Bal-Blanc, PLATO, Ostrava, CZ
- Une musique intérieure, cur by Pierre Bal-Blanc, TABAKALERA, San Sebastian, SP
- July, August, September, Cur by Martin Germann and Carla Donauer, Cologne, DE
- I Got Up, cur by Pierre Bal-Blanc, gb agency, Paris,FR
- Par quatre chemins, Laboratoire d’aubervilliers, FR
- Archives de l’invisible, cur by Guillaume Desanges, Le grand café, Saint-Nazaire, FR